There is a rising travel trend that is tacking the world by storm. Fitness and wellness holidays have grown hugely in popularity over the last few years, as many people realise the need to fight obesity and chronic illness or pain and want to return from a break feeling revitalised and self improved. Being wellness-focused can help prevent many conditions and improve overall wellness. Wellness retreats offer many benefits, but a reformer Pilates retreat can provide exceptional and specific results.
5 Benefits of Reformer Pilates
You have a lot of choices when it comes to types of wellness retreats. Taking a reformer Pilates retreat can help you improve how you look and feel. Pilates are known to help you tone and elongate muscle groups. More importantly, they help how your muscles move. Pilates provide functional practice that helps retrain balanced movement and improve your posture. Reformer Pilates can help you improve your overall physical fitness and maintain it. Ultimately, this leads to improved strength, balance, and flexibility. The additional benefits are improved posture, movement, and mental health. Reformer Pilates are a key component for those who want to step up their fitness routine. Here are some of the top benefits of reformer Pilates.
1. Full Body Workout. When you use a reformer to perform individualised movements, you get a balanced, full-body workout. Due to the subtle spring action on a Reformer, the entire body is strengthened, rather than just targeted large muscles. If the body has uneven areas of weakness, the Reformer helps work unilaterally to correct these imbalances.
2. Tone Muscles and Build Strength. Reformer Pilates strengthens muscles while allowing you to work through their full range. The design of the Reformer works to tone muscles. While it will work the large muscle groups, it also stabilises the smaller muscle actions.
3. Low Impact but High Intensity. The Reformer’s springs and ropes are specifically designed to reduce weight bearing while working out in a horizontal plane. This provides a nice, low-impact workout allowing for repetitive movements that can help tone the body and strengthen areas that need to recover.
4. Improve Posture and Core. Many Reformer exercises target the core and work the postural muscles simultaneously. A stronger core helps improve posture.
5. Improve Mental Health. Reformer Pilates focus on increasing muscle strength, improving flexibility, toning, and improving posture. These actions have a positive impact on mental health. Additionally, mindfulness in movement and steadiness of the breath helps the body relax and reduces stress. This helps reduce stress hormones such as cortisol while increasing endorphins, which are the body’s feel-good chemicals. This gives your mood a natural boost.
Purpose of a Reformer Pilates Retreat
Attending a Reformer Pilates retreat gives you time to focus on the basic principles, focus on technique and proper muscle engagement for a specified time. The reformer helps your efforts since the springs provide more resistance. The reformer is extremely versatile, and the resistance can be adjusted to meet your current fitness level and ability. As you progress in your fitness journey, it can be modified.
At a reformer Pilates retreat, you have access to the equipment you need to focus on your specific goals. Most Pilates retreats, while beneficial, don’t offer access to the reformer because of its size, weight, and the additional cost. At a reformer retreat, this beneficial equipment is made available, and is the focal point of the retreat. This allows you to get the most out of your stay.
Can Beginners Benefit from a Reformer Pilates Retreat?
Fitness and wellness retreats, in general, are designed to accommodate the wide variety of fitness levels of attendees. The Residence packages are specifically designed to cater to the level and requirements of the guest giving you an extra boost to your efforts. It is beneficial for everyone from the beginner to the advanced Pilate pro. By incorporating the reformer into fitness routines, it remains challenging for each participant.
Book Your Reformer Pilates Retreat Today!
Are you ready to reap all the benefits of a reformer Pilates wellness retreat? Take a weekend or a few days to reenergise, rejuvenate, and realign. Your reformer Pilates sessions can be personalised to meet your fitness needs and goals, and help you reach the next level of fitness. Book today for a Pilates retreat that is specifically crafted for you.